Sunday, August 14, 2011

I don't like my boyfriend's mother

I have been reading today about other people's experience with their mother-in-laws. Some stories were really sad and some were just plain scary. Well, as of the moment, I am not liking my boyfriend's mom. She seems to be controlling and she somewhat makes me feel like I don't know what to do with my life.

My boyfriend and I are in a place where we are high-stressed and high-pressured. We are starting up a business together and it is something that we are both very anxious of. Hearing my boyfriend's mom comment negatively all the time to the things we need to do or to the decisions we are about to make doubles up the pressure and the stress I am feeling. Of course, I want to do it right because it's my business - but at the same time - I want her to like and approve of me too.

My boyfriend's mom is a kind woman. She accepted me in their house and she treats me well. She even buys me clothes whenever she goes shopping and sees something nice for me. She is a smart woman and I could learn a lot from her - especially when it comes to managing my finances and managing the house.

After reading what other people wrote about their mother-in-laws, it made me think. I don't want to be in that position wherein I will hate my mother-in-law. In reality, conflicts will always be present - especially conflicts in the family and in-laws. My mom sure gives my boyfriend a difficult time too! We just need to learn how to appreciate each other's strength and accept each other's weakness. As with my future mother-in-law, I need to be more understanding and more open minded. I should treat her with respect and kindness and should learn all the things I should learn from her as she has good qualities too. Right now, as I think about it, it would really be difficult and tough, but I need to see this as a challenge where I should be successful and break the norm!

No comments:

Post a Comment